What’s new in Version 9.0.1647 This minor release includes important changes to your system.
New! You can now add new checks to existing tables
(designed for community tables where multiple parties sit at the same table). While a “separate seats” function is available, a single party may also have separate checks. This new feature eliminates the confusion with separately paying parties.
How it works:
On the graphical layout, select “Add Check to Table” and then select the appropriate table
- Added Apply Tip for GIFTePay after the sale
- Added support for Wifi EMV Pin Pads (for Datacap NETePay supported devices)
- Added “Batch Complete” message for FDMS Rapid Connect
- Added “Batch Clear” message for FDMS Rapid Connect (includes Datawire 205 Error will clear the batch)
- Added ‘Hold Check Open’ for tip with EMV
- Added payment names for house accounts
- Fixed ‘Sort Menu Items’ register option; interfering with the proper check total on the order screen
- Fixed balance sheet shortage if the department discount deduction is disabled
- Fixed processing fee balance amount with Inclusive Tax items
- Fixed the void total bug with split checks on the balance sheet
- Fixed “make it a combo” bug (using the message prompt: Make it a Combo – Yes/No)
- Fixed the Error 6 Overflow when using excessive character lengths in the ‘featuring box’ on the ID screen
- Fixed Error 9 with cashier deposits from the cashier station
- Fixed Arraybuffer Error with Google Maps auto fill address and Windows 7
What’s new in Version 9.0.1610 This minor release includes important changes to your system.
New! Wait List with Text Messaging
Text customers when their table is ready.
Your host can effectively track table availability using the visual table layout and see who has already been presented with their checks. As parties are seated from the waitlist, the system begins predicting wait times.
How it works:
- Hostess adds the customer’s phone number to MicroSale’s wait list.
- Customer immediately receives a text to confirm the phone number is correct
- When the table is ready, the host sends a text notifying that the table is ready
Available as a monthly subscription service; MSRP $15/month or $180.00 a year.
9.0.16xx (Additional Changes)
- Added optional modifier printing orientation
- When a kitchen ticket prints, the modifiers can now print horizontally on the ticket versus vertically line itemed (Controlled with the functions.ini file + v9printer.dll file. In the functions.ini, go to Stack Modifiers=Yes)Added payment names to house accounts
- Fixed missing file on install
- Fixed 100% Discounts with processing fees – check total was less than and will not close
- Added line item void with tabs held with a credit card
- Fixed Bug with partial auth and EMV
- Optimized variables — should use less memory
- Added single void options for full service
- Moved number in party to same line as table name
- Modified Hotschedules to us the Company Id number for employees
- Fixed Delivery sale with cash payment and processing fees
- Removed No Call In Order Message
- Added message with manager item void — prompts for void additional items
- Fixed Error with repeat item and delivery
- Added Go Order to bottom of remote check
- Fixed Adjust price with processing fees — update for total on screen
What’s new in Version 9.0.1564 This minor release includes important changes to your system.
- Added void item with no inventory update for count down.
- Added time out for managers menu — 15 min
- Added Transfer Check with attached payment – open bar tabs
- Added .INI entry for California Day Overtime — functions.ini
- Added Paging for modifiers in Kiosk.
- Added price shift with kiosk and no price will not display the button.
- Added convenence fee for delivery orders with EMV.
- Added “Your Ticket #” is with full service
- Added sequential number for full server kitchen checks — optional
- Added Pax payment update with preauth credit cards with delivery call backs.
- Added Seat number for split check with quick bar
- Added over/short to cashier audit with calculator
- Added QR Codes for receipt plu numbers
- Added Credit Card Slip with PreAuth PAX and delivery
- Added Berg server drink list
- Added option to turn off pre auth with PAX units — PreAuth not supported with all processors — after capture tip apply fails
- Added Net Credit Card Deposit with Credit Card Processing Fee
- Added function button to pay by seat from order screen
- Added customer name on check will add to table number
- Added seat number to split check on list all checks on cashier screen
- Added Menu Button Alias Preview
- Fixed phone order delivery showing credit card with EMV
- Fixed day overtime with weekly overtime
- Fixed Sales tax rounding error (receipt only)
- Fixed Kitchen Video with Micro Plus with Kiosk
- Fixed rounding with sales tax issue in Puerto Rico
- Fixed cancel phone order hold check lock
- Fixed split check with processing fee (not removing from empty seat)
- Fixed double drawer pop with QSR
- Fixed rounding error with split items
- Fixed Open Quantity with open key weight
- Changed course line print on kitchen receipt — not expanded
- Fixed course lines and multi seat printing order destination on each seat.
- Fixed Sales tax rounding on receipt
- Removed restriction on house account number length
- Change to fire course — prompts for with line
- Fixed Error with Close Berg Cash Drawer
- Fixed Error handler for decryption for pre auth capture.
- Fixed issue with Processing Fees and On Line Orders.
- Fixed tip not displayed in transaction review
- Fixed cash adjustment was calculating on sub total and not check total
- Fixed Reopen Check show (RO) for table name with sql
- Fixed Processing Fee Update on Transaction Review and End of Day Reporting
- Fixed barcode print on split checks receipt
- Fixed Error with email customer receipts
- Fixed employee Id card swipe in employee setup
- New Register Options Menu
- Fixed Scan Id cards with windows 10 in employee setup
- Fixed Scan Plu in menu build with windows 10
- Fixed ReOpen Check Shows Check as Paid
What’s new in Version 9.0.1496 This minor release includes important changes to your system.
- Added TriPOS (WorldPay)
- Added option to print remote printer name on remote check
- Improved security for finger print
- Added new keyboard for phone orders
- Added Exchange conversion for currency
- Added Customer Name on Credit Card Slip — PAX
- Added minutes open and minutes out for delivery orders
- Added Credit Card Slips On Demand
- Added Tab hold with EMV Credit
- Improved Speed for Auto Discount
- Added Close day prompt for missed close outs
- Fixed Cash Discount (was reporting to non-sales revenue).
- Fixed end of year overtime not totaling
- Fixed void report not displaying correct time
- Fixed Processing fee with subcategory not updating total on the fly
- Fixed Rounding issue with special tax 2 with fractional sales tax rates.
- Improved security for finger print
- Fixed Delete Menu Item (was removing count down)
- Fixed Null error sql update without a backup
- Fixed Cashier Refunds Getting Dropped from Audit
- Fixed Error 91 with edit phone order pickup time
- Fixed EMV Start Tab without a credit card (was not prompting for tab name)
- Fixed Batch Print Out with Rapid Connect and Auto Close
MicroSale’s EMV integration now supports the Ingenico ISC250 and ID Tech MiniSmart II (on the Quest Tablet).
ID Tech MiniSmart II
Existing EMV device integrations include:
|VeriFone SC 1000 (must use with Datacap NETePay)
|VeriFone VX805 (must use with Datacap NETePay)
|Ingenico 6550 (must use with Datacap NETePay)
|Ingenico 320 (must use with Datacap NETePay)
What’s new in Version 9.0.1165? This minor release includes important changes to your system.
- Improved speed on the table layout screen
- Added a Compeat Export
- Added split Service Charge for Delivery orders
- Added Multi Payments with EMV and Deliver Orders
- Process customer data requests
- Added Multiple Phone Number Linked to 1 account in phone orders
- Added Special Instructions field for phone orders
- Database change with call in order database and House accounts
- Added Location Name for House accounts customer account active with functions.ini file
- Added Void and Resubmit for Delivery orders with EMV
- Added Try again for EMV and delivery and cancel
- Moved Show all Categories to last category button
- Fixed Issue with autoclose prompting to close batch
- Fixed OSK.EXE onscreen keyboard with phone orders
- Fixed Reboot — Random error checking license file
- Fixed Error with Prefix modifiers with Kiosk
- Fixed Bug with split checks skipping a seat check Number on the receipt
- Fixed Error on Edit future phone orders
- Fixed Chk-Stat.mdb error with sales report
Version 9 will remain as the current version of software.
When EMV took effect, we began developing Version 10 as an out-of-scope solution – meaning that credit cards could only be processed through EMV devices. Due to the slow adaption of EMV in the restaurant industry and the continuing high demand of standard processing, we have decided to delay the release of Version 10. All features that were going to be available in 10 will now be available at no charge in Version 9 due to the delay. This will allow our dealers and customers to get the best of the software without upgrade fees. Our intent is to continue to develop Version 9.
In the latest release of Version 9
- IMPROVED SPEED – toggling through the button layout and modifiers is significantly faster.
- PHONE ORDERS REVAMP – the phone order grid has been removed. It is now a lot easier for end users to manage to-go and delivery orders. All pending orders are available on buttons that allow a single touch toggle to change pick up to delivery, assign drivers, add to orders, and cash out. (bypasses popup menu)
- ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES – 3 additional categories have been added to the order screen. A total of 12 categories appear on the main screen. Select “Display All” to view the additional categories programmed.
- FAIL OVER FOR LICENSING – prevents licensing issues if licensing server temporarily go down
- Changed Check Payments for audits from time to check number
- Added additional logging for auto close
- Improved Speed of load for drive thru screen
- Added Cash Discount for Service Fees
- Added Block to stop audit start while close out is running
- Fixed Mem Leak with POSIQ
- Fixed Lock Up on Daily Audit Report with business day not set
- Fixed Scales and Multi Select Discount
- Fixed No Sale Counter on audit report
- Fix for FDMS Void Charge
- Changed Phone Order Pick Credit Card Payment for Delivery orders
- Added Adjust EBT Sale Amount with Pax EMV.
- Added Not to Allow Audit Start without being punched In — set by option.
- Added DBL for Modifiers and Shift Level Item Price * 2
- Added Error Check for data encryption problem with credit cards and license files Regular Credit with Dcap
- Added function to allow Server Audit start from Order Screen
- Added Multi Select Discounts with Department Names.
- Added EBT Sale Amount Adjust
- Added Control Update for FDMS to Support TLS 1.2
- Modified Daily Summary Report to support 24 hour ops
- Fixed EMV EBT transaction reporting to cash.
- Fixed EMV EBT No Tip Line is printed.
- Fixed Bug with 24 hour and daily close — not marking all detail records closed.
- Fixed Email Customer Receipts.
- Fixed Modify Modifer with 6 Selection (Not releasing)
- Fixed End of Week Back Up with dropping records from Detail for Transaction Review.
- Added a fix for 2 cashier stations closing each other delivery orders
- Added Exit timer on credit card screen
- Changed Quick Server Driver Report to Punch In time for Sales and Payments.
- Added Prompt on EMV Sale waiting on pin pad — stops double payments (server keeps hitting tenders on tender screen will record cash as well as credit )
- Added Move entire seat on split checks.
- Added Support for printing Chinese Characters
- Added Remote printing summary on the bottom of the remote check when you ring by seat (control with the functions.ini) Show Remote Printer Locations=Summary ‘[Remote Printing] Section
- Added block to split or transfer checks with payments attached
- Changed Manager access to Access Phone orders with drive assignment
- Fixed Hourly sales report by transaction — was including void sales
- Fixed display of withhold tips for payroll on balance sheet
- Fixed Bug with On the Fly Modifier edits with quantity.
- Fixed bug with hold menu items and auto release time
- Fixed bug with EMV Refunds on End of day, dropped from the batch printout
- Fixed Frequent Diner Banked Dollar Plan
- Fixed Over Time Total on End of Year
New Features: Version 9.0.1050
- Added Open Gratuity Amount — prompts for $ amount
- Added Pause to apply tips with EMV — must wait for process to complete before trying again
- Added Prompt for apply tips with EMV Yes or No respone is required.
- Added — can void items from a check with a preauth.
- Added sequential Numbers to table tents
- Stop 0 dollar close outs from emailing
- Modified Drive Thru with teminals using hold tabs in QSR — only see by register
- Added check option in credit card setup to allow partial auth or not.
- Added Go Order Dine In Toggle in full service.
- Added Multi Label functions with type 2 barcodes
- Added Support for Prep program to support ProductHistorySql file
- Added Support for Required Qty to support decimal
- Added Daily Close button on Id Screen
- Added Phone Number Search in transaction review for phone orders
- Added Orginal check number to Name in phone orders
- Added Tip and Sign line on demand for customer receipts
- Added Reference line to server audits for skims collected. (math was ok but hard to follow)
- Added stops for reprint receipt on the drive thru order taker if items are on the virtual check.
- Added support for Scale items with Kiosk.
- Added Option to turn off debit with out of scope and EMV.
- Corrected Refund with Out of Scope (datacap)
- Improved Speed of End of Day Close
- Added Suggested Tip with Split check Print
- Added Convenience Fees for Swipe from Tender Screen
- Added Support for Item To Go button will adjust tax
- Added Support for Partial Auth with datacap
- Added Support for additional parsing for MicroSale gift cards.
5/24/2017 New to Version 9 – New Online Ordering Integrations
Olo is a mobile and online ordering platform that allows customers to order food from online menus and prepay in advance from their mobile or desktop device. Olo works with chain restaurants (40 locations or more) across the United States. Olo has reached nearly 40 million users as of 2017.
Online Orders Now
The best thing about Online Orders Now is that it is easy to integrate it with your restaurant.
Our online ordering system comes chock full of great features that come included with every installation. Here a just a few:
- Unlimited Transactions: If you expect 100 or 1000 online orders per month, you won’t ever be charged an overage for orders. We want you to have a great month and don’t impose any limits on your ordering system.
- First time customers emailed: When you have a new customer who is ordering from your restaurant, you can be notified with their email address to give them special attention.
- External delivery service email/fax notification: Does your restaurant use a 3rd party for deliveries? Well now you can send your delivery order out to them by email or fax to close the loop.
- Administration Back End: For restaurant owners and managers who want to do the work themselves, we provide a full featured administrative web interface for making real time changes including; Pricing, Item Descriptions, Delivery times, & allows for updating Open and closed days due to holidays, vacations, etc…
Call today at 888 673 3710 ext 1 to speak with one of our sales associates and start setting up your online ordering system today. You can also use the contact form available by clicking the button below.
New Features: Version 9.0.920
- Added On the Fly edits for Left and Right pizza with green buttons
- Enables you to switch out toppings quickly and easily from the virtual check
- Added Insert Modifiers
- Allows you to choose where modifiers get inserted on the virtual check
- Added Support for tips with non-credit card tenders with web orders
- Added Support for Negative Go Order Charges
- Added Sales Mix with Audit Close — Also can email sales mix
- Added Support for SNBC Label Printer
- Improved Speed for POS IQ